Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another Mobile Bites the Dust

I guess 7 1/2 months is too OLD for a Mobile!
After a while, the mobile just blends into the scenery, ya know - didn't notice it much at all, really.

UNTIL I came into the Nursery to get Miss B up from her nap, and this is what I found!!

The "arm" had been snapped right off by, I'm certain, a reaching baby with a death grip who can't resist GRABBING everything!
Why can't we seem to keep mobiles around?!?
This is our 3rd mobile we've had for our Children! Aren't you suppose to be able to buy baby gear once and then use it for ALL your children? Not us, we've averaged a mobile for every 1.6 of our children! (Their destroying tendencies start early - we produce a sort of "destructive geniuses!")
Not that I was really needing it again, but I could've sold it to Kid to Kid for $$$ or given it to someone else who has a "little Princess" (it had those words on it) baby...

After I was picking up the pieces, I did see a sticker on the mobile (in the back, out of view) which read:

FROM BIRTH TO 5 MONTHS.
CAUTION
Possible entanglement injury. Keep out of Baby's Reach. Remove mobile from crib or playpen when Baby begins to push up on hands or knees.

Oh.
I guess if she's doing "Downward Dog" she falls into the above mentioned category!!
Had I read that sticker before?
If I had, it was surely at the peak of my "Post Partum coma!"
And I can't be held accountable.
How's a wigged out Mom suppose to remember that?!?
Who cares about the missed opportunity for 10 BUCKS from K to K - Thank goodness we escaped entanglement!! (X5)

4 comments:

KeNnEdOoDlE said...

Man, if she can snap a mobile in half like that, her older siblings better watch themselves. No pickin' on the baby sister. She's fierce (in a cute princess sort of way :)

Kristen said...

That previous comment was actually from me. I didn't realize that Kennedy was already signed in. Oops!

Cheryl said...

thanks for the post. luke still has his in the crib and grabs at the little animals, kicks them w/ his feet. the batteries are dying and sometimes in his sleep he hits the button that starts it going. just yesterday i was telling chris we should probably take it out. i never thought about entanglement, that's scary! now we for sure will take it off.

k8shoe said...

I gave up on mobiles after my first child destroyed hers. Also, we just removed the pads from P's crib because she could stand on them and it gave her enough of a boost that she fell out of her crib. No more cute crib for us!