Monday, January 12, 2009

The evolution of My Body

It's that time of year again to think about your weight, your body, your figure (or lack of it), etc, etc. There's talk about "body type" and how you can't really change it - so you might as well just "embrace it" - for LIFE! Well, I'm not so sure I agree completely. I think I've pretty much covered ALL the body types!! And, here they are through the years...

HIGH SCHOOL

Although, at the time, I thought I was soo fat and woke up early every morning to do "Hooked on Aerobics" on KBYU. Ya know the one with 3 different platform "levels" (easy, medium, & high impact) and all three of them wore coordinating leotard/tights ensemble - even the guys?!
I don't think it helped a bit!

COLLEGE

The only reason I really say I was ever this body type comes from a comment a "boyfriend" made to me once - and you'll see WHY he was NOT EVEN worthy to be called that. Imagine me & him sitting on a cliff at Lake Powell with our feet dangling down towards the water. Of course, we're in our swimming suits - we're at the Lake - and he looks at me and says, "Ya know...if you could take some of this (while gesturing to the vicinity of my thighs), and put it up there (gesturing to my chest area), you'd have a REALLY NICE body!!"

Can. you. EVEN. believe. that?!

I hope he's been enjoying his SINGLE life ever since! :D



AFTER HAVING MY 1ST BABY

(ya know what I mean!)

If that "boyfriend" could only see me then! hee hee!



NOW

This is what is said of this body type (from an article I read)...

"You have the body type people want to cuddle. Especially tiny people, who most people call babies. Babies may have shaped your body into womanhood, and you should bear your wounds of motherhood with honor, not shame."





Well, some of the Brenchley's have embarked on our own mini, "The Biggest Loser" for the next 90 days. It's all based on total weight loss PERCENTAGE, so everyone is sharing their weight with one another so we can figure that out. Everyone EXCEPT me, that is. I REFUSE! Not even my own husband knows that nasty, little secret - and the "Marriage Fitness" book instructs that we SHOULD NOT share secrets with others that we do not share with our spouse!! (to avoid becoming more emotionally intimate with another person, male or female.) And I'm sticking to that rule!


It's just too horrific today...and here's some photos to prove it...



Here I am "BEFORE" just 8 [quick] years ago, finishing the St. George Marathon.

(Nowadays I'm having trouble running up our stairs, taking them 2 at a time like I've always done!)


And here I am "NOW" at my recent Vegas wedding (to George Clooney.) They provided this attractive gown to slip on and velcro up the back! I couldn't even do up the dress!

(Don't they have contests for the most hideous "wedding" pictures? I need to enter to win!)

So, there you have it - maybe TMI, but this is MY Blog, right?


One thing's for sure, I'll never be a celery...



But, do ya think I can ever become the "hour glass" again? OR, will I just be a smaller apple?!?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Ha Ha Ha.

I don't even care what shape I am, I just don't want to jiggle when I giggle anymore, she says as she is eating a burrito!

Mandy said...

Great post Suzanne! I can definitely relate to the changing through the years. I'm hoping I can get to somewhere between the pear and strawberry...wait would that just be an apple?

Mandy said...

P.S.
I can't believe that rude guy at Lake Powell!!

Kristen said...

I totally remember the KBYU aerobics show. So funny! I haven't thought about that in years. Didn't one of the ladies have really long, dark hair? Be SO GLAD you didn't end up with that guy from Powell. I'm SURE he's bald and lonely somewhere. ;D

Nic@Nite said...

I laughed out loud at the 'boyfriend' comment. What was he thinking. And then I laughed again at the picture with George. So funny. Thanks and good luck with the biggest loser, glad I have an excuse not to do it.

val said...

You're so cool, Suz! I totally remember Hooked on aerobics too. I was always following the lowest level... BUT you rock that you ran the marathon, I am totally in awe of you and your Dad for doing that! Dang fruit shapes anyway...you're always a babe! Oh, and the dude at Lake Powell??? He is the biggest loser!

Mandy said...

You put into words the thoughts that I have had lately! I am right there with ya! I would love to run with you again.....let me know if and when :) I am going to brave the winter running series......you want to come?!

Ruuddudes said...

My heck, do you ever stop making me laugh? And just for the record, I remember in high school you had such a gymnasts body and I coveted your thighs and butt. I was a telephone pole...

(And if I'm ever in town, I'll bring toilet paper & we can hit your ex's house. I'll ask my mother to please not come out of the house and yell at us like she did when we were in high school!