A problem that I thought wasn't suppose to happen for at least a few more DECADES down the road!
I'm serious.
And the fact that I have always strived to be [and I believe have been able to do a pretty good job of being] a "with it," dependable, reliable, "good on her word" type of gal, this REALLY, REALLY causes inner turmoil and aggravation for me!
I AM FORGETTING EVERYTHING! (or, at least, TOO MANY things!)
It's anything from:
- forgetting to tell people stuff - EVEN WHEN I had made a "note-to-self" PRIOR to seeing them that I needed to talk to them about a certain thing.
- leaving laundry in the washer, in a wet wad overnight - ppheeeeew! (which results in having to run the load through again! Aauugh!) Or just simply, starting a load, leaving the laundry room for... I can't remember why, and never finishing it until I happen upon the scene HOURS later.
- forgetting to take my camera very important places - like tea parties, Up close & personal w/ monkies experiences, water fountain playtime, meeting up w/ a friend from 20+ years ago, etc. etc.
- forgetting to eat - until my stomach starts screaming and I look at the clock and realize, "Oh, it's 3:00pm, No wonder!"
- confusing red traffic lights for a stop sign...STOP, wait 1-2-3, GO...horns blaring, brakes screeching, tires skidding, hand gestures flying [at me].
- seeing the soccer registration sign posted around town for weeks, making another "note-to-self" to register my daughter when I get home, and then, you guessed it, not remembering again until the next time I'm driving around town and see the sign...repeat, repeat, repeat...until the deadline comes & goes.
- having a conversation on SATURDAY NIGHT about the fact that the next day was Fast Sunday. And then by the next morning, without a thought, I get a drink and partake of something out of the fridge. (this one I attribute, in part, to being "out of the habit" since it's been 2 years [pre-nursing & pre-pregnancy time period] since I last fasted.)
- forgetting to take any meat out of the freezer for dinner - and then at 5:30pm, everything is rock hard.
- scheduling a trip the last week of August - failing to remember that there's this thing called SCHOOL that will have already started by that time.
- when in the shower, I began with conditioner. So, when I realized the mistake, I followed with the shampoo, so the whole treatment went Conditioner-Shampoo-Conditioner. WHICH I might add, DID have a better effect on my hair than the "normal" Shampoo-Conditioner routine.
- going to bed with my Lily Padz on.
- This one's rather embarrassing, but Kyle had stayed down at his cousin's for several days and we were to meet up again at a family Baptism and he would return home with me then. I understood this when we made the trade-off earlier in the week, I even thought about it that morning before leaving to the Baptism, BUT, at the moment I walked into the Chapel, I had forgotten. So, when Kyle walks up to me (and gives me a big, long hug in our reunion), my first reaction was surprise - surprised to see him there! Who can't remember something like that? People with short term memory loss, I tell ya!
Then there's a few that make me just SO MAD AT MYSELF...
I was driving to my sister's in Orem for her son's baby blessing (so there's a time restraint here), but instead, I drove right on passed and ended up in Provo. I exited in Provo, got back on the freeway and headed back north, only to take the wrong Orem exit, as well. Drove around for a bit, wasn't getting in the right place, had to call my sister - which is the last thing a new mother needs while they're frantically trying to get their baby ready for his big day at church - so, in addition, to my idiotic driving/navigation skills, I was beating myself up for inconveniencing my sister with my call for help!
I had to work at 8:00 one day and I knew that (at least, at one time). I went out for a bike ride at 7:00. I biked for a while with my friend, but then she had to return home for something - this should've been a "trigger" to me, to get me thinking, "Is there anything I need to get home for?" Nope. Instead, I decided I should try to ride the whole distance (18K) of the bike part for my upcoming Triathlon after she went home. So, I did. And I arrived home at 8:20 and Matt asks me, "Don't you have to work anymore?" CRAP! I totally forgot. I have now been placed on "Initial Progressive Guidance." How can I be so dumb?
And finally, for that same Baptism I mentioned earlier, my sister had asked me to make a specific Crab Pasta salad that the Baptism boy special requested for the lunch to follow. I shopped for the ingredients two days before, I made the salad the day before and put it in the fridge to "chill" and allow for flavor enhancement, and then the DAY OF, I made it all the way to the Point of the Mountain before I realized I HAD NOT BROUGHT THE SALAD with me! "You've GOT to be kidding!" I screamed at myself as I drove the car. What in the world is going on with me? It was too late to turn around & get it and still make the Baptism, so I went ahead empty handed. They were counting on that salad. Now what was I going to do with all that salad? Anyone like crab pasta salad? Call me. SO, SO, SO MAD at myself!!! (But, maybe this distraction attributes to my forgetting I was going to see Kyle at the church!)
Like I said before, I am NOT like this -- at least, I didn't used to be! And it's freakin' me out!
Bring on the Sudoku! (I've heard it has Alzheimer's reversal effects)
Bring on the Ginko Biloba!
Or, maybe I should just get more sleep!
Any other suggestions....or explanations?!?


5 comments:
You are definitely pregnant. Definitely.
Suggestions? No. Explanations? Yes.......you've given birth 5 times!!!!!!
I do them all, even the stoplight (except I wouldn't ALLOW crab salad in my house, let alone my fridge..........Oh, and I NEVER forget to eat!!!!!)
:)
You are still a very reliable gal....you just have five kids now!
Besides feeling your pain, I am enjoying this post tremendously! You are entertaining, or did you forget that too! :) I wonder if it is motherhood or what, but I feel like I am the biggest flake anymore.. I don't do anything well, just do a bad job at a lot of little things. And let's see how bad I get next month when my baby's born.. help! I'll keep on that sudoku thing!!
NOOOO! Sarah, that's definitely NOT it! Oh, please NOOOO! :)
Post a Comment