Sunday, August 30, 2009

After all, I KNOW this guy...Or do I?

The other day, we were on our way out for a long drive so we needed to stop to get gas at Costco. Matt hadn't eaten in a while and was hungry, so I offered to go into Costco and get him the hot dog meal while he was filling up our wallet drain...er, uh, I mean, Suburban.
He said that sounded good, but then he hesitated....

"Umm, I like it with two lines of ketchup, one down each side of the hot dog and then one line of mustard down the middle."

HUH?!? Come again? That's news to me.

All these years, When preparing him a hot dog, I've been putting "uh" smattering of ketchup any ol' place on the dog and then squirting mustard on top of that - OR wherever the mustard landed. Come to find out my ketchup/mustard ratio and positioning has always been ALL wrong for him!

We're coming up on our 15 Year Anniversary in 10 days...and it got me thinking...

How many other things DON'T I know about him?

Has he just been enduring me getting him the wrong kind of Peanut Butter & Pizza, too?

(It's very unsettling!)
***How about y'all? What's something NEW you've learned about your spouse after years of marriage?***

2 comments:

Dan said...

That is funny. I am sure we all do things the wrong way for our spouses but it is weird to think that 15 years could go by and you wouldn't know about it. :)

Nic@Nite said...

That is funny. You notice details of things so it does surprise me that you hadn't noticed this before. Come up with a questionare and I want to see if I know Phil, its our 12th in a couple weeks. hmm...wonder if there is one somewhere out there.