Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You Know You're in Utah When...

You're driving down the freeway and see this sign:



And this sign:



And you're going 63 mph....AND still getting passed by every other car on the road!*

There is a reason behind my 63 mph driving. Years ago, when I was a teenage driver, my mom let me in on a little secret. She said that you can go 8 mph over the speed limit on the freeway and still be OK! So, that means 63 mph in a 55 zone, 73 mph in a 65, and currently on an "experimental" stretch of I-15, you can go 83 in that 75 zone. It works. If you think you can go even just 9 or 10 mph over, you're sorely mistaken. That's no good - you'll get caught! The "8" is the "magic number" - it's where the "imaginary line" has been drawn. Believe me, I know.

* Actual life experience during the last few weeks.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You sneaky, sneaky lady, you!

I'm 37 and have never ever had a speeding ticket. And I definitely have gone 8 over the speed limit.

Perchance it is some luck?