Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Tooth Fairy - Redeemed!

Up until now, the Tooth Fairy has NEVER come in a timely manner when our kids have lost teeth and put them under their pillows! The nerve! Nope, the "morning after" has always brought disappointment as our kids have looked under their pillows to find....NO money, but only their tooth - still there! Frequently, the "morning after" the "morning after" has resulted the same. It's so bad that sometimes a week goes by with no visit! The kids are really starting to think that the Tooth Fairy is SOOO DUMB! (I would have to agree!) I can't remember for sure, (READ: I'm in denial) but we may have had times when the Tooth Fairy never did come for a certain tooth, so the kids eventually gave up & the tooth was lost or discarded or misplaced or something. Like I said the Tooth Fairy is retarded! I have tried to make all kinds of excuses in the Tooth Fairy's behalf, to better their opinion of him/her (which is it?)

The Tooth Fairy won't come if the child isn't in bed by a certain time.

The Tooth Fairy must've had too many other children's houses to go to last night.

Maybe the Tooth Fairy tried to come, but he/she couldn't trod through this messy room!

The Tooth Fairy IS getting older, I mean he/she was around when I was a little girl (and came the 1st night back then), he/she might be "losing it" these days!

Maybe he/she doesn't want a tooth with a cavity in it.

_________(fill in the blank w/ any cock & bull story) must've held him/her up!

Oh, you put your tooth in a ziploc bag, so the Tooth Fairy couldn't "follow the scent" of the enamel (or whatever it is they smell.)

I don't know! I pretend to not be associated with such a neglectful creature at all.


BUT, Last night Haylee lost a tooth while Matt & I were at the temple, so Ryan put her to bed and she put her tooth under her pillow.
AND, this morning her tooth was gone and money was in it's place! Simple, I know. Probably a common happening at your house, but truly AMAZING at ours! We now have renewed faith in the Tooth Fairy! I guess he/she can keep his/her job for now.
**I think the "visit" might have happened around 5:00 in the morning, but the ending was happy, so who cares?!? :)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

The tooth fairy never seems to make it to our house on the weekend.

So glad she found that little tooth in such a timely manner. Congrats!

momandpop said...

Glad the toothfairy made it on time. We remember the days....

Ry Guy said...

I'll renew my faith in the Tooth Fairy when my two teeth under pillow get exchanged for money after sitting there for a week. ;)