Monday, October 5, 2009

Falling Upon Deaf Ears

THIS would've never happened IF....



My child would've listened to me the past 4 years when I told her repeatedly
NOT to slam the sliding glass door closed.

AND

She would've listened to me throughout the entire weekend when I told her repeatedly,
"Leave your sister alone!"

AND

That same child would've listened to me the previous 10 minutes leading up to the accident when I told her repeatedly to
sit down in her chair and stay there & eat her dinner.


**Sometimes I think our parents & grandparents were on to something when they used the paddle (or belt, or wooden spoon, or foot to the butt) to get us to listen AND obey...& as a result "Learn a Lesson!**

2 Nephi 9:31 is TRUE!! She better shape up! :)

I already knew that heads bleed A LOT, but what I didn't know was that little 16-month old fingers that have nearly been sliced off DO, TOO!! :(

ANYWAY, How was your nice, long UEA weekend?

9 comments:

~Pam said...

ouch!
For your repeated sit down and eat problem, just take their dinner away and throw it out. Tell them breakfast is at whatever time and run along and play. Once or twice of that usually does the trick~ at least it did in our house!!!!
ha!ha!ha! Same for jobs, kids didn't have them done last week before going to Grandma's for dinner so they stayed home. They were all done early in the day this time!!! Boys missed their beloved sports practice two weeks ago becasue they didn't do their homework, it was done right after school last week!!!!
You feel sad, but it works!

Mandy said...

I guess I'm not the only one who is excited to send the kids back to school today! My kids have had some trouble listening this weekend too. Not a good weekend considering I wanted them to hear at least one of the conference talks! I hope her finger is okay.

Heidi said...

Ouch!
I asked Zack the other day if his ears worked and he told me no. At least he's honest.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain woman! We didn't get a UEA break, our school district boycotted it or something. We get a "fall break" in two weeks!

michelle said...

Yeah, our fall break is in two weeks. We did get Monday off for 'Professional Development.' What fun when kids somehow don't hear what is coming out of our mouths!!!

Julie said...

Your not alone friend......

momandpop said...

Grandma feels sad about your hurt finger, Brookelle, but glad that you are feeling better.

k8shoe said...

Way ouchy! It's hard to be mad at them when they're bleeding and bawling though, eh?

Kristen said...

Try calling out, "Hey should we go out for ice cream?" or "Who wants to fly to Disneyland?" or "I have $20 dollars I'd like to give away!" and see if they suddenly start listening. Amazing what they choose to hear.

Sorry about those poor fingers! Looks painful.