After we got done talking, the teacher opened it up for questions (about Haylee) from her classmates...
We got the "usual" questions:
"What's your favorite color?" (red)
"What's your favorite book to read?" (One fish two fish red fish blue fish)
"What's your favorite candy bar?" (Reese's PB cup)
And then a little awkward question:
"Who's your best friend?" (I tried to intercept this question & "coach" her on a P.C. answer like "I enjoy all my good friends here at school!" but it didn't work & she announced her BFF to the class - which got a pleased look from the child who she named, and not-so-pleased looks from the others!)
And then a bit unusual of a question:
"What is your favorite shape?" (My thought was, Am I suppose to have a favorite shape? Oh no! Cuz I don't, I've never pondered that & decided on one!)
(Haylee did come up with "oval.")
And then a weird question:
"Which is your favorite strand of hair?" (Again, Does everyone else except me have a favorite?)
And then the completely strange question:
"What is your favorite kind of BOMB?"
(Needless to say, he got a scolding from the teacher on this one, "Billy, I told you you couldn't ask that question anymore!!")
And apparently, that is HIS favorite question to ask. :)
**Just because it's hard to see the details of the poster in the photo, and I probably won't keep that big thing around forever, allow me to record it here.**
On Haylee's poster, we made a list of "Things Haylee Loves."
Making that list are:
- Stuffed animals
- playing the guitar
- eating cookies
- hot dogs
- flowers
- presents
- Sports - baseball & soccer
- The ocean & beach
- Cooking with Mom
- Fruit - pears, apples, grapes & watermelon
- snow
- ballet
- pets
- babies
- dessert
- ice cream
- friends
- watching movies & eating popcorn
- coloring
What about her family or her mom who slaved over that dang poster?!? I guess a family photo made the poster - does that count for anything? ;)


6 comments:
hmmm...where were you last week when I needed ideas of what to put on our poster? I did pitures and one word descriptions, doing it down the side with pictures is more creative!!!!
I seriously dread it when the kids come home with the paper that says they are spotlight. I usually get it on a Friday night late and already have a booked up Saturday. Don't they know we love them without the posters?
Haylee looks so big!
I must admit, I've had to coach my
1st graders that asking "Who's your BFF?" is NOT an appropriate question to ask the Spotlight student. Don't you know...EVERYONE has a favorite shape and strand of hair LOL! You are a GREAT mom! The poster is a work of art!!
Oh, I forgot a couple of "favorite" questions that have been asked in my class lately? "What's your favorite season? day of the week? month?" "What's your favorite number?" and "What's your favorite car?" (uh, they're 6...are they suppose to have a favorite?)
I love the "Things Haylee Loves" list. The girl's got good taste! Her list could be MY list! =)
What's your favorite BOMB??!?!?! Maybe he meant B.o.M prophet or story? That should raise an eyebrow a little as to sending your daughter to the same class as him.
PS- expect all those little hate notes from all the non-BFF girls! :)
-your cuz, Melissa (who is signed in under her husband's name!)
Post a Comment