Sunday, November 29, 2009

Singin' the Praises of Nursery

Today was the Big Day...
It's the day every Mormon parent counts down to - starting at about their baby's 1st birthday - and lasts for SIX [exasperatin', Sunday School missin', reverence disruptin', baby wrestlin', church hall walkin', hair pullin' out] MONTHS.
It's the day the child reaches the ripe old age of 18 months AND is eligible to go to Nursery!
(YEAH!)

Doesn't Miss B look so HAPPY to be going?

She just couldn't get in that Nursery Room door fast enough!


She makes it 5 for 5. All of my kids have been eager to go to Nursery.

Not a problem.

Mine were never the ones crying/screaming/going into hysterics when dropped off at nursery. Or having tantrums on the floor. Or chasing their parents out the door. Or standing at the door, banging on it, hoping it would make their parents reappear.

I mean, what's not to like?
Play
Look at pictures
Color
Read stories &/or "rest" on a blanket
Sing & Dance
Snacks
Play
{I think I'm jealous!}

It's way better than the alternative - having to sit still & quietly through [very-uninteresting-for-an-infant] Gospel Doctrine class OR go sit in an empty, boring classroom with only Mom or Dad doing nothing but being silent!

I think Nursery Leaders should get automatic Sainthood!!!

Maybe if the adults got a "Nursery" kind of class, we could get more of them to come to/stay at church!! ;)

*I think Elder's Quorum & Primary conducting/lessons/Sharing Times will go a lot smoother for Matt & I now!!

pheeww! We made it! :)

9 comments:

Mandy said...

I hear ya! It's been a blissful couple of months for us and we still look at each other and comment how nice it is to be able to listen to the lesson. My children have always been eager to go as well. I guess I make it NO fun to be with me! Congratulations!

Analee said...

Thanks for the automatic Sainthood. I need it! Brookelle fit right in and she was a perfect little angel.
Analee

Dan said...

Congrats! There is nothing better than nursery! (I am impressed that you took the camera!)

Suzanne said...

Oh, WOW! Look! This post got Analee to comment!!!! Woo Hoo!! :)

Julie said...

Analee - you out there???? Do you have a blog? Congrats Suzanne!!! Before you know it.... she will be sitting in the Sunbeam class.... singing her little heart out... oh how I love that age....

michelle said...

Congrats!!! It's always amazing that kids don't like to go play with other kids and different toys then at home. I'm approaching that fun, busy, and restless 1 year time. :(

momandpop said...

Yes, I agree that nursery leaders are saints. Congratulations, Brookelle, on taking that big step.

Melissa S. said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!

Cheryl said...

i wish luke would be eager to go! he turns 18 months in a couple days. since i'm 2nd counselor in primary and chris works a lot of sundays, he really has no choice!