Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS! You Just Made the Blog.

{I guess it takes donning lingerie over your clothes to receive this "honor!"}

Brookelle...
Even though I still call her "my baby," we have been taking some steps towards "Big Girl-dom." I recently bought her a package of panties and put them in her top dresser drawer - as an "enticement." We also threw away our crib, that's gone through all 5 babies - you can imagine how thrashed that one was - and put Miss B. into a Toddler bed. A consequence of this is that she gets out of her bed and sneaks around her room (Oh, so quietly) and "plays" instead of going to sleep. Ya know, she "plays" things like empty-all-the-books-out-of-the-bookcase-onto-the-floor. Or take-all-the-dirty-clothes-out-of-the-hamper-and-put-them-in-the-toy-bin...or vice versa. Or unrack-every-single-hanger-in-the-closet, etc., etc.

On a recent night, I went into her bedroom to give her the, "Get back in bed!" lecture, and I found her like this pictured above. And, even though her dad had already been into her room three times and was SICK OF HER ANTICS, I just started LAUGHING when I saw her, smiling sooo cute/mischievous just like in the photo. I couldn't stop LAUGHING, I was that amused! My husband had to come in from the other room to see just what was causing this lapse of proper parenting on my part....and the sight even caused him to smile just a little through his grumpiness with her! :) I tried to explain to him that the reason I thought it was so dang funny is because I had never seen it before - and frankly, I thought she was mighty clever. None of my babies/toddlers had ever done that before!

And then I considered that statement further.....
I guess, more accurately, I should say that none of my kids have ever dressed themselves in underwear over their clothes INTENTIONALLY. On their OWN FREE WILL & CHOICE. By their OWN Fashion Creation. As part of their "Playtime."

{Enter Exhibit #1}

Kyle...
{circa 2002}

A homemade Superman Halloween costume with the use of padded training underwear. Poor Kid. WHO is his mother?!!?

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is hilarious! I would have laughed too. Her smile is priceless. Love that girl!

momandpop said...

Oh, I remember getting rid of the crib. And it lasted through seven kids. Also, remember the potty training days - such a joy. Looks like Brokelle is ready.

Dan said...

I love the picture of Kyle! Is he going to kill you when he sees it? :) 2-year olds can really try your patience, but I think they live to see 3 because they are so darn cute!