Friday, March 2, 2012

Don't Worry About It

This is what Miss B. tries to teach me A LOT lately.

And she says it in her completely sweet and innocent 3 yr. old voice.
I've learned to interpret her "foreign language."
Translated: I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OR DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

When I'm getting her out of her car seat, about to go into a public place:
Me: "Woops. You still have ketchup on your face from lunch."
Brookelle: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "Oh dear, look at your bedroom. It needs to be cleaned up!"
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

As she's trying to sneak by me out the front door:
Me: "It's SNOWY outside, don't go out there in your flip flops."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

While out on errands:
Me: "Ya better go potty here because there's no potty where we're going next and it will be a long, LONG time before you can go again."
Her: "Nah....don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "Please don't 'paint' the bathroom mirror with your toothpaste."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "Oh, look at the clock - it's your bedtime."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

When I'm putting on my make up, she comes and sits next to me and "helps herself" too:
Me: "That's enough lipstick."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."
(Oh boy, is this a foreshadowing of her teens?)

Me: "Uh Oh, you spilled on your shirt."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "We're going to be late for (fill in the blank)"
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "How did this book get ripped?"
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "I just broke my fingernail."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "Where's Lily [the hamster]? She's not in her cage...and the door is open...and you've got hamster bedding in your hair!"
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "This Toy Room is a DISASTER!"
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "Let's pull your hair back in a ponytail, so I can see your pretty face."
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

Me: "My pants 'shrunk in the wash'!"
Her: "Don't worry about it, Mom."

When she has dressed herself in her sister's dance leotard tank over pajama pants when we're about to go out to Ryan's basketball game:
Me: "Get some real clothes on to go."
Her: "STOP worrying about it, Mom."

Apparently, I "WORRY" too much!!!

No comments: