"What's for dinner?"
The night before I was induced to have Brookelle, I stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning (can't sleep anyway, right?) and made a bunch of meals and froze them since I knew dinner-after-baby is next to impossible. That got us through the first month or so, but ever since then...different story! Can you say, "Pancakes, Cup-o-Noodles, or NOTHING?!" (much to Haylee's delight!)
Well, thanks to my SIL, Mandy, she organized a little freezer meal exchange which FORCED me to do it again! GRANTED it took me ALL DAY LONG today with all the interruptions - I hope no one needs underwear tomorrow, no important homework is due, or we don't have any unexpected guests cuz nothing else got done today! In fact, I just happened to look at myself in the mirror on the way to Ryan's Band Concert tonight (5:30PM) and I saw I'd never put make-up on today AND we had to eat at Wendy's since there was no room in the kitchen or time to make dinner tonight!
BUT......Just LOOK at the "fruits of my labor!" It's a beautiful thing - a freezer stacked with 18 meals!! "If ye are prepared, Ye shall not fear." (No more dreaded 5 o' clock questions!)
*That's another one of our "prenups" - I don't do dishes - HE DOES! IF he ever learns to cook, maybe this clause could be renegotiated! :)Sorry, Haylee....the pancake days are GONE for now!



10 comments:
Good for you! I wish my freezer looked like that right now :)
I've always wanted to do frozen dinners like that. Can you teach me? Another great dinner idea I discovered yesterday at Dick's Market (this week...hurry and catch the sale): Buy one party size Stouffer's frozen lasagne (really yummy) for $9.99 and get a free bag of salad, free French bread, and free half gallon of ice cream. Great meal deal for only $10!
You know I have wondered if you still did those dinners. Why on earth would you stay up that late the night before having a baby, you nutter. Why wasn't I told about the dishes in the prenup bit. I missed out on that deal.
I need lessons too! Seriously make a day of it!
I never prep dinner before dinner- if it takes more than 15 minutes from prep to tummy, it doesn't get made.
I'm jealous of that freezer! Sorry I still have your rolling pin, I promise I will bring it back. I need to load my freezer up like that before this baby comes!
Wow, I am amazed that you can do this! Hurray! I loved the part about everything that DIDN'T get done that day, but look what you got to show for it! Aw, dinner time is the worst. The only time it works well for us is when I make a 2 week menu, do all the shopping for it, have all the ingred. on hand and don't have to think about what to make that night. But the time to do the menu and shopping doesn't seem to be found that often. And I am jealous of the dishes thing too...
One day I'll attempt to make meals ahead of time, until then, Costco has some great quick fixins'.
Yes, I need a pre-nup just for the dishes thing. Just think, you probably never have dish-water hands. LUCKY!
Wow! HOw do you do that? I have been really, really wanting to do the freezer meal thing, and I never have! How many people were in your group? How many different meals did you make? Inquiring minds want to know...
My husband is really good at dishes, so I, too, am lucky. He is also good at housework, and cooking, and helping me can...I got really lucky, too! (Actually, it wasn't luck. I just knew what to look for the second time around!)
SURE! I'll teach anyone who wants to learn!
Kristen - I've been to Dick's twice and they're OUT of the Stouffer's Lasagne both times! Dang!
Brenda - I've done it a few different ways over the years (I'll email you about it) but this time, there were 4 of us and we each made 4 recipes and quadrupled them. Then we exchanged and each person got one of every recipe and ended up with 16. (I had made 2 extra random ones for my own freezer, so I had 18.)
Suzanne, I feel so left out:( I really miss having a freezer full. Everyone always tells me they want to learn, but no one will ever take the time to get a group started. Call me next time, I so need some food!
Post a Comment