And I don't have to go back again until Dec. 1st!
There may be many of you out there who think this sounds quite normal - surely nothing to "make a Blog post about," right?
WRONG! Many people just go to the Dentist every 6 months for their check up & cleaning...Or maybe just once a year if you think that's too often! ;)
BUT, I pretty much go YEAR-ROUND!! You've heard of "Year Round" School, well, it's the same idea - I go to "Year-round dentist." It's because at my "6-month check up" they find a whole slew of things to work on. And then I'm back in the Dentist office for cavities, root canals, crowns, bridges, pulling teeth, bone graft surgery, etc. for multiple appointments spread apart every couple of weeks. And when they're done with their "To Do" list on me, it's time for my next 6-month appointment. REPEAT. REPEAT. REPEAT.
I, personally, think there are conspiracies that go on in Dentist offices with diagnosing "make-believe problems," but that's another Blog post subject. Let's just say I'm quite the Dental office joke.
Anyway, Imagine my delight (& SHOCK) when they Dentist exclaimed, "Everything looks good!" today at the end of my exam. REALLY? Especially in this economy - a DOUBLE shocker! The Mr. was anxiously waiting for me at home..."So, how was it," he hesitantly asks. Imagine his relief (& SHOCK) when I exclaimed, "Everything looks good!" :) :) :)
So, what's the difference? Well, not much, except I DID get a new little product in my Christmas stocking that I've been using ever since then...
The best way I can describe them is that it's like a miniature baby bottle cleaning brush. They totally get out all the "goodies" lodged in-between my teeth after a meal. Who needs toothpicks? Not I.
I guess "Santa" was very concerned about our dental bills and hoped this would produce a miracle! :) It did! (Or is it just luck?!? Or maybe a blessing because the $$$ really is being diverted to Ryan's Orthodontist!)



5 comments:
A miniature baby bottle cleaning brush? Very interesting.
I still have no idea why anyone would ever choose to be a dentist...they must be very sick and twisted and not to mention greedy people!
Congrats!
I also have frequent dental visits that end up costing a bundle of money. So do my kids! Too many sweets in our home apparently.
The only positive thing about getting extensive work done is the laughing gas. LOVE IT!! I wish I could take a keg of it home with me.
Keep up the good brushing!
Great job Suz! I recommend those to my patients as well, but who knows how many actually do what I say! You deserve a break after all you have had!
Kristen -
I have NEVER had the laughing gas. WHY haven't they offered it to me? Do you have to faint or REALLY freak out in the office before it's an option? Because I could do that if neccesary! It might be anxiety that I'm feeling more & more each time - if not, it's EXTREME dread! I should DEFINITELY qualify, don't ya think?!? ;)
Hmmmm. I guess I need to check out the "miniature baby bottle cleaning brushes" too! Thanks for the tip. And FYI ... my Mom just got me hooked on the "cotton textured" dental floss. Waaaay better than the wax floss. So love it!
Post a Comment