We have been using our same 4-seater Kitchen table ever since....well, we were a Family of 4.
Over the years as we've ADDED more people to our Family and as we've LOST chairs due to breakage (kids leaning back on them 'til they fall to the ground -still in them, or varied other ways they managed to bust 'em - using the chairs as "weapons" being one way!) it's been neccesary to get more chairs. We currently have of modge-podge of 3 DIFFERENT styles of chairs crowded around our 4-seater, one of which is a card table folding chair. Sound attractive? ;)
My Dad tried to "help" my Kitchen table situation by presenting me with a great deal on chairs a few years back. A restaurant was closing and they were selling off ALL their stuff (including chairs.) My Dad offered to go pick them up for me and deliver them to me if I wanted to buy some. I told him I was only interested in getting enough to replace the broken ones we had at that time. He TRIED & TRIED to get me to buy ALL new chairs, one for every person in my Family, so they were ALL the same. He presented many different arguments to convince me that this was the way I should go. But, to NO avail. I only needed to get rid of the broken chairs! Is this bugging any of you? ;)
Obviously, I wasn't too worried about this situation. Until NOW, that is.
Tax Return Money + Memorial Day Weekend furniture sales + A Family of 7 = A Good Time to buy a new Kitchen Table (finally!) :)
This is what we got....

I was looking for certain things in my search:
- Size - BIG, that is! (I got 78" long)
- Option to add on [matching] chairs to my purchase - most sets only come with 4 chairs - WHY? (I got 8.)
- No fabric seats - we'd STAIN/DESTROY those faster than you could say, "Peanut Butter & Jelly!"
- Pleasing to the eye/Interesting cut (not just square & straight)
- A DIFFERENT look/style than what we had before
I actually found quite a few that met these requirements, but this Customer's Review (Do you ever write these? If you do, Thank You!) is what sold us on this one:
"We purchused this table 8 months ago and truly love it. With a family of all boys it is very durable and I never have to worry about what the boys may do."
"Our children make quite the mess while enjoying their meals but this set is extremely easy to clean up. "
Which is really good because NOT EVEN 2 minutes into our FIRST time eating at our new table, we had a spill!!
Yes, It's Time.
Now I can use one of our old Kitchen Table chairs to replace the folding chair I'd been using at my computer desk! :) Sorry, if I'm causing pain to all you "Interior Design perfectionists" with unlimited financial resources! ;)


10 comments:
Beautiful table set! Congratulations!
I love the new set! Where did you get it?
Congrats on your purchase! I am proud you finally let yourself get something you need:)
Very nice! Did Matt get it all put together? Bet it looks good in your dining area.
YAY for new furniture!!!! I don't know what that feels like, but I imagine one day I will. It turned out cute though and DURABLE!!!! That's my highest requirment too.....I think that's why I'm always so worried to get something new.
I had a 'white trash' tile top table. I thought I would paint it, started sanding the chairs and decided it was more work than it was worth. My sister-in-law moved and I got her table, the same only not tile top so I sold mine but kept two chairs, thus still ugly!!
Now this week I should be getting my new table that I ordered almost 3 weeks ago. So excited! Maybe I will blog and put a picture up too!
It's beautiful - yeah for you guys!
Michelle -
We got it at good ol' RCWilley. I just ordered it online and then picked it up at the store. It's the easy way to do things with little kids! :)
I'm loving what you picked! Congrats!
Ahh, it is lovely! Congrats on the new set! I need someone (and some money!) to come tell me how to decorate my house. I am the worst at it....
Post a Comment