Friday, June 12, 2009

Recommendations from a 7 Year Old

When we got our Digital Converter Box (several months ago - No, we did not wait until the deadline TODAY!) we discovered a fun, NEW station for the kids. qubo. It's channel 16.2 on our box. They really enjoy the shows, but I'm beginning to wonder if they may enjoy the commercials just as much - OR MORE! Haylee's eyes are GLUED to the screen when these ads are playing! She is riveted! I believe Haylee is why marketing even exists! Any time I walk in during a commercial, she "bears her testimony."

"Mom, you've gotta have this!"
"Mom, you NEED this so much!"
"Mom, I'm serious! It'd be so cool!"

She has informed me I should get the following products:

Aqua Globes

"The work of art that waters your plants for you."


Wonder Hanger

"The ultimate solution to any crowded closet."

InStyler
The Rotating Iron

"Is styling your hair a nightmare?"

Space Bag storage packs

"Vacuum out the air & save space."

Cash4Gold

"Turn gold into cash."

Ab Circle Pro
"The treadmill for your Abs."

Good thing she doesn't have a credit card (or knows how to dial the phone number on the screen!)

5 comments:

Dan said...

Are those her real quotes?

Melissa S. said...

Seriously?!?! Aqua globes? Those are tacky AND taking away an easy job to give your kids. What a load of crap. :)
I think my kids are the reason why they have commercials too.

Anonymous said...

Love commercials...the quilt from the kids.

Zoe wants me to get the tube tooth paste squisher. She keeps asking if I have bought it yet.

Love the veggie tales, they are all over on qubo.

~Pam said...

actually, the water ball things are pretty cool, my mother-in-law has one, it works and is pretty in the plant. If my kids water plants they over water and kill them! The space savers I got from Costco and hate them (or should I say, don't love them!). Maybe I filled them too full? I don't know, but I still don't like them, they rip easy and the air doesn't stay out very well.
There is my two cents if it is worth anything!!! :)

CEvans said...

McKenna keeps informing me that I need the InStyler rotating brush thingey too! Every morning when I'm straightening my hair, she comes into the bathroom and says, "Mom, you are damaging your hair. It will get puffy like on tv. You need to get that thing." :)