Saturday, June 20, 2009

We Interrupt this Family...to bring you Baseball Season

The 2009 baseball season is now over for us.


Finished. Done. The End.



The Stats:

# of my children who played baseball this year: 3

# of my children I toted around to watch another child's game: 4

# of different teams my children were on: 3

# of different fields my children played on: 9

# of times my children had games at the same time, but on different fields: 9


# of weeks baseball lasted: 9

# of games in the regular & post-season: 45

# of wins: 22

# of losses: 23

# of "after-game treats" we brought for the team(s): 96


# of hours spent at the ball park: 74

# of miles driven back & forth to practice & games: 447

# at the gas pump (due to baseball related driving): $63.00

# of times I had to wake a sleeping baby to take my children to baseball: 13

# of times I washed AND scrubbed dirty/grass stained uniforms: 23

# of times my children wore dirty baseball pants to a game: 11


# of hours I spent trading/bargaining/wheelin' & dealin' to get time off work so I would be able to see my children's games: 24

# of times we missed nightly homework: 18

# of times we ate dinner at home during baseball season: 31 (out of 63)

# of sunflower seeds consumed: 5,983


# of rain outs: 6

# of times the game DID NOT get called, so we sat in the rain to watch it: 5

# of children who claim to have "the worst life" because their parents don't allow an "All-you-would-ever-want-to-buy-at-the-concession-stand" experience EACH time: 4

# of times Mom (I) yelled/cheered louder than anyone else there: 90

# of times we forgot that "there's NO crying in baseball" (tears of joy & pain): 14

# of games Haylee struck out before getting her 1st hit: 4


# of games before Haylee was ever able to make it across home plate: 13


# of times Haylee gave up: 0

# of Haylee's batting average in the tournament games (by the end of baseball): .800

# of smiles (my children & us): 562

# of new friends made (kids & adults): 57

# of my children who were named to All-Star teams by those with "Political Power" within the baseball league: 0

# of my baseball children who ARE All-Stars in their parents' eyes regardless: 3

# of medals received: 1

# of trophies earned: 2


# of "Most Improved Player" awards acquired: 1
(Haylee)


# of runner-up (2nd Place) teams in the Championship: 1
(Haylee's team, the lowest seed in the playoff bracket going into the tournament, the Phillies!)

# of Championships won: 1
(Ryan - 1st Place in his League - Farmington/Centerville/West Bountiful/South Davis teams)


# of times I wished I had been doing something else these last 2 months: ABSOLUTELY NONE!

6 comments:

Dan said...

So did you count each sunflower seed as you ate it. :) I am impressed you were able to last so long. I don't think I would enjoy running around so much, but I do love watching my kids so maybe I would. That was cool to see all of your stats. Congrats on a good year!

Trever and Heather said...

Very clever way to tell the FAQs. Those tally marks are impressive- you must have had sheets and sheets of papers to add up! :)

Chris said...

Hey there Suzanne! I had no idea you were aware of my blog - it's great to hear from you. As I peruse your blog here, I see several people that I recognize, including Cecily, over at My Chaos, My Bliss (I hook up with her each Friday).

I love your statistical list here -- very clever (and concise).

Anonymous said...

So did you find out if that man child was really the same age as Ryan or just an imposter?

Tracy Beckett said...

Hi Suz! Great post--this is your cousin, Tracy--what a great family and what a good mom you are. Sounds like you had a super fun season! And you have a beautiful family.

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

You are such an awesome mom! I love this post. It reminds me that I need to count the blessings rather than the other stuff...(see my post from today...) Maybe I'll post something nice tomorrow...