Saturday, January 30, 2010

Your Opinion, Please...

If you see a married man & a woman who you know
[and you also know they aren't married to each other]
out at a restaurant together, what should you do?
Should you say something right there?
Should you say something later?
Should you keep your mouth shut?
Or WHAT?!?
(Hypothetically speaking, of course!)

15 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so curious if I know the people.
Have a great trip!

Kristen said...

I think the spouses of those people would want you to say something.

Mandy said...

Dr. Laura always says don't get involved. That being said, I would want you to tell me if I were the wife at home.

Trever and Heather said...

Hmmm...

You DEFINITELY should tell the spouses if you talk to either or both of them regularly. If not though, um, bring it up with the people themselves if you talk to them.

I'd always try to assume the best- maybe it was a business meeting? or their spouses were in the restroom? (but not together, hee hee, okay so that's not funny either)

Dan said...

I would think you should just go over and say hi. Act like you just want to chat. If they seem pleased to see you then there is probably nothing going on. If they seem guilty, then you can worry about talking to them later.

~Pam said...

I agree with Lacy, and then bring it up in a casual conversation about how you bumped into the other at a restaurant and let them bring up the questions and act dumb like 'no big deal just saw him/her with ____'
let us know what you do!!! Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Sarah said...

Assume the best and don't say a thing. IMO. The other day I saw someone's husband out running in the middle of the day with a very cute young thang. He saw me and turned around and they ran the other direction. Didn't say anything.

Melissa S. said...

I would DEFINITELY go up and just say "hi" to them and mention something like, "Oh, I've been meaning to tell your wife this.....", etc. I betcha you'll be able to tell by their faces if they're guilty or not! Then if you're not TOO close w/ the wife or whatever next time you see her say something like, "Oh, I ran into your husband the other day....."

michelle said...

I know you are gone enjoying the sun, hope you are having fun!!! I too want to know the outcome of what you do??? Yes, count me as one of the curious.

Anonymous said...

Who cares what to do...let's just start the gossip!
Who?
Where?
When?

Que tenga un bien tiempo en Mexico!

Julie said...

I would have gone up and said hi to them..... and see what their faces told me..... it could be totally innocent - and maybe it's not... and yes - if I were the wife at home - I would want to know! And have fun on your trip....

Heidi said...

just confront the possibly guilty spouse, tell them they have 24 hrs to tell their spouse, or you will. If there is not a problem, I am sure they will let you know, and if there is, I am sure the wronged spouse needs to hear it from the one doing the wronging (I know if it were my hubby, I would need to hear it from him to move forward)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Pam said...

Hey update us on this post!!!!

Suzanne said...

Pam -
[After the fact] I asked the girl if the guy told his wife about their "meeting for dinner."
She said she didn't know.
I told her I would be really mad if my husband went out to dinner with another woman [without asking/telling me.]
Apparently, she'd already gotten some lectures from her family about this.
I didn't act excited with her about it.

The End.