...and it might be a mouse!
or a moth.
or some sort of reptile.
or the Boogie Monster.
As the weather has changed to COLD [freezing], I've started to wear my sweaters again. Incidentally, these sweaters have just been sitting dormant in my closet since they were used last winter - so, approximately 9 months.
I got out this sweater and immediately noticed a few holes in it - which I'm pretty sure were NOT there before!
Then upon further examination of the front, back, and sleeves, I discovered a total of 27 holes!
27 holes, people!
In ONE sweater.
All since the last time it was used/worn. There may have been one - or even a couple - that I may have never been aware of before, but the majority have happened in a relatively short period of time - and are A MYSTERY!
It didn't smell like some of the old sweaters & blankets my mom & grandmas used to pull out of their cedar chests & attics - which they said was from moths, I think?
So, here's my question...What is going on? What causes this? Should I be scared/grossed out/alarmed? Do I dare remove my pile of folded sweaters from my closet shelf? What should I do? (besides put this 27-hole sweater in the D.I. bag, now.) Has this ever happened to any of you?
Should I call Haz-Mat?!! Animal Control? Disaster Cleanup? What's their number(s)?
Should I call Haz-Mat?!! Animal Control? Disaster Cleanup? What's their number(s)?
(OK, so that was MORE THAN one question...I guess I've already reached the "alarmed" state!)
Or maybe it's just a child who's gotten a hold of a paper punch or scissors again?!?
But, my closet is too high for her, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt this time...
so I still need YOUR answers!


7 comments:
Were there mouse poopies on the shelf? Mice don't know how to clean up after themselves so you can usually tell if they've been around!
If your sweaters are wool, it is probably moths. Any more holes?
we get mice in our house in the spring when it rains....it totally grosses me out! just thinking about it makes me sick!
My advice? Quit rolling around in cheese and then not washing your sweater.
PS- the way I knew we had mice was because of mouse pellets everywhere and the mom had her babies in our closet. Those are pretty clear signs you have mice.
You are over looking one possibility...Matt! He might need a talking to.
No mouse poopies...
That sweater was 100% lambswool...but I haven't noticed any holes in the others...yet!
Yeah, Angie...I didn't think of that! Afterall, he's always wanting me to dress "sexier!" :)
Any wool sweaters with holes or not I would gladly take off your hands!! I am a friend of Michelle Dalby. I make things out of sweaters. Its a hobby.
Not sure what causes the holes.? And I know Natalie:)
Post a Comment