Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More and more cute at 4!



HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, KATELYN!!!


Ever since Katelyn was little, little, I've always said to her,
"You're Simply Adorable!"
Last night during Family Night when we were talking about & celebrating HER, I asked Katelyn what I always say and I prompted her by starting out, "You're....." and she finished it, "Simply Adorable!" Of course, everyone there started to laugh and she loudly proclaimed, "I AM!"

YES, SHE IS!
WE LOVE YOU, KATELYN!!!

Katelyn is having her first birthday party today...I asked her what she wanted and she said, "A Princess Party!" (surprise, surprise!) I asked what we should do to make it a "Princess Party." She said she wanted doughnuts with pink icing & sprinkles and to play the Princess Memory matching game.
Period. That's it. That's the whole party!!
*I'm sure my SIL Nicole, "the party maniac," would be appalled with this "party!" :)* Well, I thought that was pretty kind of her to go so easy on me since I can't accomplish much these days, but I also knew her plans needed a little "help." So, I took the liberty of adding a few more activities, food, & details to her party....and because of that, I'm not gonna have time to sweep the kitchen floor, put the stacks of folded laundry away, or clean bedrooms...but 3 & 4 yr. old girls shouldn't mind, right?!

Just please don't let their mothers notice any of it when they bring them! :0

**I've made my "Gratitude List" this week (on the sidebar) all about Katelyn, if you want to know more.**

7 comments:

Kristen said...

She sounds like such a sweet girl. I enjoyed your gratitude list about her. What a cutie!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn! She is such a cutie!!

Laura said...

Oh Katelyn, Happy birthday! You are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Katelyn. You are going to have to keep an eye on that pretty little girl!!!

The Page's said...

I totally didn't notice a thing about your house. Emily loved the party and is prepared to come back many times to play the Princess matching game. We hope Katelyn enjoyed her day.

Brett and Marianne said...

She is simply adorable! I can't believe she is 4---sounds like my kind of party!

val said...

So sweet! Sounds like a perfect party. Thanks for posting about realistic life! Piles of laundry and unswept floor are all too normal around here. Happy Birthday, Miss Simply Adorable!