Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Question of the Week

What time do you get ready for the day?

This is seeming to be a problem for me a lot lately...
You see, I start out getting ready for the day in the bathroom each morning, but if (more like when) I get interupted, I leave the bathroom before I'm done and then I forget that I never finished and I go on with things...Thus, abandoning the "getting ready" task.
Most often, it's minor like I didn't get to blow dry & brush my hair all the way out, so it's all funky & not very cute. Leaving the pick stuck in my hair is a common occurance, too. Sometimes, I go places wearing slippers or those big, thick, fluffy socks by mistake. And then I realize (when I happen to look down) that not only do I not match, but they're buldging out of any shoe opening AND I look absolutely DORKY! Those are bad, but it doesn't stop there! Oh No! It doesn't. I also don't get my make-up on at times - that in itself isn't that big of a deal, but it's when I start, then don't finish. You see, my very first step in applying my make-up is using this cover stick -- that happens to be green! (It's suppose to be good on red splotchy areas and/or blemishes.) So, I dot this on random areas of my face and then...you guessed it... leave the bathroom and that's as far as I get. Later in the day, I'll be talking to someone and I think to myself, "They sure are looking at my forehead/chin/nose a lot (& weird)." And, it's not until I happen to walk by a mirror that I see all the green dots! It'd be nice if someone in my family would tell me about this, but I guess they're used to it and think it's suppose to be like that?!? I think my least favorite side effect of my problem is this one...On occasion, I can be out and I look down and see a white shirt on my body and I think, "Huh? I thought I wore a red shirt today!" Then it all comes back to me...I must've made another premature exit from the bathroom that morning! The white shirt is my first shirt I put on and the outer shirt must still be at home! The problem with this?? This first shirt is SUPPOSE to be an "under shirt" - NOT meant to be worn alone. No, No, No! It is too short (especially on my post-baby body). It's use is to provide coverage & a "pop" of color up top ONLY, like with a V-neck. So, needless to say, it doesn't cover my stomach all the way and looks horrid if worn alone (with everything hanging out.) Again, when I see THAT in a mirror (when it's too late. of course) I run through my mind how many people actually saw me like that - always too many!
Why didn't someone tell me?
They probably didn't want me to feel bad by bringing it to my attention that my shirt doesn't fit! Well, that's not the worst problem -TELL ME!
Anyway...what time do all you normal people get ready?

17 comments:

Kristen said...

I've been getting back into my exercise/gym routine so I go to 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. classes. It pushes my morning back so it's usually 11:00 - 12:00 before I'm officially ready for the day. I wish I was an early morning person and could hit the gym before the kids leave for school, but that would require me to get to bed before 11:00 p.m. and that rarely happens. I promise to tell you if I ever notice something "out of place" with you if you promise to do the same with me. Sometimes I'm paranoid that people are looking at me funny so I look down to make sure I'm fully clothed. Baby brains? I think so.

Brett and Marianne said...

You are so hilarious! I love your storytelling....don't worry I think most people are to worried about what they look like to notice what you look like! That what I decided, at least, when we had season passes to seven peaks and I was nine months pregnant! Not a pretty site, but everyone else was too worried about how THEY looked in a swimming suit to notice the nine month pregnant lady! HUH!

Mandy said...

This is me right now too! I wonder if I realy ever am fully ready for the day :} . I never get make up.....ushually only on Sunday, and my hair is ushually always in a pony tail. I have definatley seen better (more put together)days!

Jamie VanBeekum said...

You're kidding, right? Umm, I don't get ready until I have to go somewhere. Some days, I don't even get dressed. If I get showered and dressed, it's a good day, LOL!

val said...

I love your posts...so real and funny! And I don't know who those real people are anyway, I just know that I get ready when I have to go somewhere, and now that I work, its at 11:47am, because I have to leave the house at 11:49am. I can't put on what I am wearing to work until last minute, because Gavin will for sure wipe something on me somewhere. Of course I start getting ready right when I wake up, but, as you said, with all the distractions, I rarely finish.. I love the story of your green dots. And I've done the dang white 'under' shirt thing many times too..

Mandy said...

I have never seen you not put together, but I was totally laughing at the white "undershirt" thing! I have wandered around my house thinking I'm ready to go, when I realize I'm only wearing my undershirt, but mine is a sleeveless shirt (with the garment sleeves hanging out)! Luckily I didn't get too far. I don't get ready until/unless I have to go somewhere.

Camille said...

I think most days when I know I'm not going anywhere... I don't even get ready at all, so you are ahead of me at least! Thanks for finding my blog so I can see yours now! Love how scrappy and cute it is and your family is super cute too!

Heidi said...

I'm impressed you get ready every day! Lately, I only get ready if I go somewhere and the other days I'm lucky if I even shower. That's why most days you'll see me outside with my kids in my pajamas.:)

k8shoe said...

Ditto to Jamie. I don't get ready if I'm not going anywhere (and even when I am, I don't!). I love this post....hilarious!

Siri said...

I am embarrassed to admit it ... but there have been days when it is 3:30 pm and time to go get my daughter from school ... and I will suddenly realize that I haven't even brushed my teeth yet! Eww!! Thanks for that post, though. I feel a little better about myself now. =)

Adrianne said...

me get ready......i don't get ready till late afternoon, hopefully before my husband gets home! I have 3 kids to take car of and a house to clean!! It's fun stuff, I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness woman you make me laugh. I have come to a point in my life, and it's sad, that the kids will notice that I have actually gotten ready, which is usually just Sunday's. Funny about the under shirt. One day I had one on and hadn't yet finished getting dressed. Tom looks at me and asks me in disgust if I am really going to wear that shirt. Lovely. I am dressed everyday, and we call that good, to me that is being ready!!!

Nic@Nite said...

You have got to make those kids wait for you. :) Do one task at a time and finish with it all before you leave the bathroom/bedroom. I am impressed you even try to get ready everyday.

The Page's said...

I also, do not get ready until I actually have to go anywhere. And most days I don't even shower until the afternoon. And I agree with everyone else, I have not seen you "not ready" except when we were walking. I was just wondering the other day why I can't be more like you and always have my hair done and makeup on. I think I have even gone on outings with you and felt like I was totally lazy and under dressed next to you.

Cheryl said...

Suz, you're hilarious. I laughed out loud reading this, the green spots got me. I don't get ready until I am going somewhere, today it was at 11am. But in Hawaii, (at least where I live in the country) if I got ready like I used to in Utah, (hair all styled, make up) people would be like, "Where are you going?" b/c why bother when everything melts away!

Ruuddudes said...

You are so stinkin hilarious! It is 4:30 pm and I'm still not dressed! In fact, my daughter just called 'cause she missed the bus & wants me to come get her from school... but I ain't going out like THIS! So, I told her to walk... Hey, she's 13... she shouldn't have missed the bus... :)

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

I have a friend who gets up every morning, showers, does her hair and make up perfectly and then is ready for the whole day. I, too, haven't figured that one out. And I relate to the whole going out, then having a panic attack when I realize what I look like...ugh!