Sunday, November 30, 2008

SUCKER!!

I got Katelyn's pictures back and there's a story to go with them....
I went to Target Portrait Studios with a coupon. It was good for a FREE 8 X 10 and then $3.99/sheet. I planned on getting some 5 x 7s, 3 1/2 x 5s, and wallets for a total of $11.97, right?!?
After they took some pictures of Katelyn...


They said, "Would you like to be in some pictures with her?"
I said, "Oh, no! I don't look good, today."
They said, "How about just your arm?"
I said, "I'm not wearing a nice shirt."
They said, "Just roll up your sleeve."

And we took a few pictures together. And they were CUTE!
I also had Brookelle with me...

They said, "Would you like to have some together with the baby?"
I said, "Oh, no! I literally whisked her from her crib, sleeping, to come here. She's not ready!"
They said, "Babies are always adorable!"
I said, "I don't want her picture taken in this outfit."
They said, "It's very cute with just a diaper on. We have a diaper cover in black or white. Which one do you want?"
What I didn't say, "She's got poop leaking out her diaper & I left the diaper bag in the car!"
I said, "Do you have a bow for her hair?" I didn't have a chance to put one on."
They said, "No...BUT, she's got enough hair, she'll look great without one."
And so the two girls took some pictures together. And they were CUTE! (I'm not sure if poop got on their black diaper cover or not. Hey! They wanted me to do it!)



And I walked out of there spending $53.20! That's a 444% increase above projected budget!

Needless to say, the next time one of our kids was due for pictures, I sent Matt. He took detailed notes of what I wanted and walked out of there spending $11.97!

13 comments:

Heidi said...

They are cute!! That sounds like something I would do.

Michelle D. said...

Glad I'm not the only one who can't stick to a budget when it comes to pictures of my kids. They turned out really cute...you'll treasure them forever :) It was worth the $$

Kristen said...

Darling pictures! It's almost painful to see the proofs of the pictures and not get them all, huh? Yes, we mothers are suckers for sure!

Mandy said...

AdOrAblE!!

Julie said...

But they are such adorable pictures - aren't you glad you did it (in hind sight?) Just wanted you to know you're not the only sucker out there - I've been victim tons of times too! Oh well.... they are only young and cute once..... ha ha

Dan said...

Been there, done that (many times) :) That is their job. To make suckers out of us!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha,,,they saw you coming a mile away. I think they make commision! Jerks. At least you have some really cute pictures!

Mandy said...

I can relate. They seem to always get me! But, I think it's worth it, the pictures are so cute. I love Kaitlyns smile!

Mandy said...

Sorry, I know her name is spelled Katelyn!

k8shoe said...

Very cute. You'll be glad you spent the extra money when you look back at those cute pictures once they've grown up.

Brett and Marianne said...

You have such a nice arm! They know how to sucker us Mom's don't they!

Adrianne said...

Don't you know, you always spend more than you want to at the end. You get sucked into all the things that they tell you!! They did turn out very cute, by the way!

val said...

HIlarious! I love the way you tell stories.. and I have been the sucker myself...way too often. My hubby doesn't understand it, but the other day he was suckered into buying that $35 cleaner from a door salesman. I laughed my head off and wanted to do a post about it on my blog..but he wouldn't let me.. Darling pics, by the way!