Suzanne read and signed Ryan's class disclosure and then failed to remember to buy a "Composition Notebook" by Monday.
Ryan failed to remind his parents to buy a "Composition Notebook" by Monday.
Ryan received an automatic one citizenship-grade drop for not having a "Composition Notebook" on Monday.
So, who's fault is it?
As for the rest of the week...?
This activity report is provided by the Brenchley home's Judge, Jury & Prosecutor (aka "Mom") as a public service to the community and is not a complete listing of all events and crime reported.
Jan. 25
Haylee passed the sick "germ love" on to Brookelle, 12:00 a.m.
Ryan wears his nice church suit in the rain, 12:30 p.m.
Matt lays into Ryan about how "brilliant" that was, 1:00 p.m.
Kyle hurt Haylee for telling him to turn off the T.V., 1:30 p.m.
Ryan takes matters into his own hands & "punishes" Kyle, 1:35 p.m.
Haylee has a tantrum/cries out loud in Sacrament Meeting, 2:05 p.m.
Suzanne gives her the "evil eye" warning her to STOP, 2:07 p.m.
Kyle left his church shoes behind the couch (and was asked to put them away.), 5:15 p.m.
Katelyn cuts her own hair (again!), 7:30 p.m.
Matt scolds Katelyn, 7:45 p.m.
Jan. 26
Katelyn drew on the Kitchen counter with pencil, 9:30 a.m.
Suzanne gives her the cleaning spray & wash cloth & orders her to get to work, 9:31 a.m.
Katelyn dumped the toys on the Kitchen floor after being told to get them out of Mom & Dad's room, 12:00p.m.
Haylee plays near, and then "falls" into an ice puddle at school. The school calls Mom (during Katelyn & baby's nap) requesting a new, dry set of clothes be brought over - NOW, 2:00 p.m.
Kyle's church shoes are still found behind the couch (and was called to put them away.), 4:45 p.m.
Toys were left on the floor for me to trip on while I was holding a freshly bathed, slippery baby in my arms, 6:45 p.m.
Kyle takes Ryan's Hershey's Kiss he won during Family Night, 7:30 p.m.
Ryan smacks Kyle in the face (claiming it was only an attempt to get it back), 7:31 p.m.
Haylee cries about having to do homework, 7:45 p.m.
Jan. 27
Katelyn yells at Brookelle for "making noise" during her T.V. show, 12:45 p.m.
Ryan puts cookie dough in the microwave (in an effort to bake it??) and leaves a terrible burnt smell in the kitchen, 4:00 p.m.
Somebody left wrappers on the floor and Brookelle got them in her mouth and started gagging/choking, 4:30 p.m.
Suzanne lectured about keeping the floor CLEAR of EVERYTHING! (after performing the "mouth sweep"), 4:32 p.m.
Kyle's church shoes are still discovered behind the couch (and got yelled at to put them away), 5:45 p.m.
Haylee cries/complains/whines about being told it's time for homework, 7:45 p.m.
Jan. 28
Katelyn hits Brookelle in the face with a toy during scripture time, 7:40 a.m.
Everyone gets on Katelyn for hurting the baby, 7:41 a.m.
Katelyn runs out of the room, crying and slams her bedroom door, 7:42 a.m.
Suzanne finds THIS in Brookelle's diaper during a change (a bead), 8:20 a.m...
Haylee walks home from school in the snow with her new shoes on (while her boots are in her back pack she is carrying), 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Kyle's church shoes have still not vacated the spot behind the couch (the "Judge" became UNGLUED), 5:30 p.m.
Haylee cries/complains/whines about her homework, 7:30 p.m.
Ryan snuck on the computer during his "restricted time," 8:00 p.m.
Suzanne takes away his Friday night computer/TV/movie viewing privileges, 8:01 p.m.
Ryan is caught OUT of bed way past his bedtime (Dad was already asleep, Mom wasn't home, so he was "taking advantage"), 10:30 p.m.
Jan. 29
Ryan can't/doesn't get up on time this morning (I wonder why?) which causes a # of problems, 7:20 a.m.
Katelyn doesn't get dressed when told to (and as a result, isn't ready when Mom needs to go), 9:15 a.m.
Katelyn lies, 12:45 p.m.
Haylee grabs Katelyn by the shirt to "overpower" her, 4:15 p.m.
Ryan is caught using the computer again during his "restricted time," 5:30 p.m.
Suzanne takes away his Saturday computer/TV/movie viewing privileges, 5:31 p.m.
Kyle gives me about 5 notes from school dated "Jan. 6" with important info & assignments for parents, 7:00 p.m.
Haylee cries/complains/whines when told to go get her homework, 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 30
Katelyn draws on her face, neck, & chest with pen, 10:45 a.m.
Kyle puts Brookelle in our closet and closes the door (for a "game?"), 7:20 p.m.
Haylee steals Katelyn's money ($0.06). Cries, screams, & fights ensue, 7:30 p.m.
Suzanne gives a warning, 7:31 p.m.
Haylee cries, screams, & fights with siblings some more, 7:40 p.m.
Suzanne ends the Friday night "fun 'n' games" for Haylee and puts her to bed, 7:45 p.m.
Jan. 31
Ryan "forgets" about Saturday jobs and heads off to his basketball game, 9:00 a.m.
Kyle "disappears" downstairs during Saturday jobs, 10:30 a.m.
Matt is ornery since he's been with some of the kids for 3 hrs. while Suzanne went to Enrichment, 1:00 p.m.
Haylee & Katelyn tell me they've done their Saturday jobs, 1:30 p.m.
Suzanne goes into the playroom and sees OTHERWISE, 1:45 p.m.
Suzanne becomes the "Drill Sergeant" in the playroom clean-up project, 1:46 p.m.
Katelyn breaks a bowl while climbing on the kitchen counter, 3:00 p.m.
Matt "expresses" his disapproval, 3:01 p.m.
Haylee screams/throws a tantrum/cries while Mom's on a JetBlue phone call, 5:45 p.m.
Matt gives Haylee the "Tabasco treatment," 6:00 p.m.
Haylee cries, whines, begs, bargains, & badgers [non-stop] her Mom because she doesn't like an answer she got, 7:00 p.m.
Suzanne sends her to Time-Out, 7:05 p.m.
Feb. 1
Brookelle wakes up at 12:00 a.m.
Brookelle wakes up at 2:30 a.m.
Brookelle wakes up at 3:45 a.m. and STAYS UP until 5:30 a.m.
Brookelle wakes up at 7:00 a.m. and won't go back to sleep
Brookelle takes a LAME 1-hr. nap before church, 10:30 a.m.
Brookelle WILL NOT go to sleep during church, 2:00-5:00 p.m. (only 43 more weeks of this wretched schedule!)
Brookelle wakes up after a meager 1.5-hr. nap post-church.
Suzanne is NOT too "chipper." (Pulling out my hair, putting myself in a "time-out," fantasizing of sleep!) Aaauugh!!
Just in case any of you thought we had the "perfect family" (not a chance), this should put all those rumors to rest!! :)
And I have to remind myself, they were all once very sweet, innocent babies (where sleep/non-sleep wasn't concerned.) Those of you who haven't seen these babies (or voted) here's your final chance. Go to my blog post dated January 15 to do it. I'll reveal the answers later. Thanx.


9 comments:
Sounds pretty "normal" and real - thanks for sharing! I was laughing and feeling your pain at the same time..... Hang in there - soon they are teenagers - another fun treat.....
I just had the best laugh in a long time. Tears were streaming down my cheeks - Hilarious! Yes, your life is crazy right now but also rewarding. You will look back with many fond memories.
Yikes, I can SO relate! Some weeks are better than others huh? Just to make you feel better...I was pulling tin foil out of Carter's diaper this week...who need to unwrap Hershey's Kisses before eating them? Sounds like it's time for a vacation...just the 2 of you :) Hang in there!
Michelle - we've got a vacation booked to NYC in Sept. for our 15th Anniversary!...it's still 7 more months away, though! (Gotta wean this baby first.)
I think it was me and dad's fault mom.
Me: for not reminding you.
Dad: For not looking at the disclosure AT ALL.
I wonder what he was doing? Must have been putting on one of his seventeen bottles of clogne.
Because I have learned that mommy is never wrong!!!!!
If everyone is now thinking Ryan is a terrible boy because on occasion I beat up on my little brother, just take one look at the baby photos on a previous post and it will soften all your hearts about me!!! :)
So funny! I'm glad you wrote it all down, you will love to look at it in the future.
If it helps, I never thought that you had a perfect family!
Sounds just way to familiar.....
LOL! I don't know how you do it, you're an amazing woman! Glad you made time to blog it all down. So did you have to wake up the girls from their naps to take fresh clothes to Haley at school? I hope not, I hate waking up napping kids!
This is definitely got to win post of the month! I LOVE IT! Sounds pretty much like my house. I ought to just copy it and paste it onto my blog (changing the names, of course) and no one would know the difference. But I also sympathize with you...NOTHING makes me madder that having to wake up a sleeping baby! I feel your pain! And your happiness, too....right???? I keep reminding myself about the happiness part...:) I love Ryan's comment!
Post a Comment