Taken from the sidebar...
Haylee: "I wish I had a Mom who did not yell."
Me: "I wish I had kids who obey."
Haylee: (silenced) 4/09
Instead of saying, "I hate_____" Katelyn says, "I don't love _____." (i.e. "I don't love snails." "I don't love cleaning my room." "I don't love milk on my cereal.") I do have to agree it IS a more positive spin on the undesirables!
Katelyn: "Can I go get something at the snack shack?"
Me: "Sit in your chair for 5 minutes first."
Katelyn: "Is 5 minutes a long time?"
Me: "Yes."
Katelyn: "Ooohhh!" (groaning)..."Just like my birthday [in Nov.] and I JUST DON'T LOVE long times!" 4/09
Katelyn: "I love to go to beaches."
Me: "In Hawaii?"
Katelyn: "Is Hawaii in our world?"
Me: "No."
Katelyn: "Do we have beaches in our world?"
Me: "Well...maybe the Great Salt Lake is kind of a beach." Then under my breath, "but it's not so good."
Katelyn: "Is it cold?"
Me: "Yes."
Katelyn: "And Hawaii is warm?"
Me: "Yes."
Katelyn: "OK - I want to go to the beach OUT OF OUR WORLD!" 4/09
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment