Monday, April 20, 2009

Who are You? (Imagine the CSI theme song by The Who playing in the background)

stalk'er, noun

someone who follows, creeps up on, or sneaks about; usually with unlawful intentions [syn: prowler]

stalk, verb

1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.
3. To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.
synonyms: ambush, approach, chase, drive, haunt, hunt, pursue, shadow, striddle, tail, track, trail, walk up to


Out of curiosity, I put a counter on my blog last month. I noticed that it has now reached 1,000. Yet, I have not received 1,000 comments. So, who are these 1,000 people? Do I know you?

Should I be weirded out by this?
One of my associates who teaches courses on computer safety in the Elementary School answers this with a Resounding YES! She is STRONGLY recommending the "Private Blog" for me. But, truth be said - those BUG me...ya have to actually sign in - What a drag! (OK - How lazy am I?) Not to mention, ya can't ever tell when they've added something new! So, then you have to occasionally click on their link to check, and if there's NO update, I wasted a "click." And if there IS an update, I may be days late reading it & it's old news by then! - How lame is that! :)

So, the solution can be very simple...leave a comment :) and then I won't lose sleep about all those FREAKY stalker dudes! (Just like I said when I started blogging.)

15 comments:

Heidi said...

I stalk you, but you know about that. :)

Dan said...

I am commenting. Nothing to say, but I am commenting. :) I don't want to be accused of anything

Jamie VanBeekum said...

I'm reading, just don't often comment because I do it through Google Reader... That's where I get off being lazy. It all comes to me, baby, and then if I want to comment, then *I* have to go to the blog :D

On another note, I just went private with my blog, so if you want an invite, e-mail me!

~Pam said...

You can put a name tracker on your blog. go to mine and click on it and then set up your own. let me know if that helps!

Anonymous said...

BOO!

Trever and Heather said...

I've been around website tech geeks for the past 5 years. Most clickers count each TIME someone looks at your blog, and they also count spiders (which aren't actually people, it's software that checks all websites that are updated occasionally to try to categorize the data and deem if it's newsworthy, there are hundreds of those)- so I haven't really been worried about my counter do-hickey.

Private blogs bug me as well. But I may decide to do it someday soon too, just in case there is a true stalker somewhere out there. I doubt that there is, but it's kind of like locking your doors at night. The chance that someone is going to try to get inside your house is very very slim (and lets face it, if they REALLY want in locking the door isn't going to stop them) but I lock them anyway.

Michelle D. said...

I admit it, I'm one of those annoying Private Blog gals! Good thing you like me enough to go through the extra steps ;) LOL! I love your blog...you are such a funny girl!

Tracy Beckett said...

I'm a stalker, Suzanne! I'll admit I love to quickly read your blog, but I don't ever comment...But you are a great blogger! I am always just in a rush on my way to work, so I only have a minute to check my family's blogs and the links that they have that are fun. You are so fun to always read! Anyway, like I said I've got to run to work now...it's your cousin...

momandpop said...

We comment on most of your posts. Your entries are so clever and funny, no wonder people are reading them.

k8shoe said...

Comment, comment.

I hate private blogs too and wish mine weren't private.

Nic@Nite said...

Like someone already said, the counter doesn't count actual people clicking on your blog. But don't have one of those update things so I check back often, not just when you have something new, probably around a thousand times a month, you know me I have nothing else going on. :)

Kristen said...

I am not a creepy blog stalker. You know who I am. However, I do seem to follow you to St. George...

Cheryl said...

i check up on blogs, especially the family blogs every few days. we went private after luke, i just didn't like having strangers looking at our pictures and stuff. but our blogs are different, your blog is a lot more interesting! almost like a human interest column, everyone can relate to it. no wonder you have thousands of fans out there! :)

The Page's said...

I definately stalk you! I even drive by your house slowly to watch your family... and all the other great friends I have. I really think I need help. Am I freaking you out yet:P OF course if you guys were ever outside when I drive by I would totally stop, so maybe I am not so weird.

Sarah said...

This is Sarah from the three bears...count me in as a stalker. Great blog! :)