Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SEVEN is HEAVEN!

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY, HAYLEE!!!


When I was thinking about Haylee turning 7 years old and about what I could do for "her post," I remembered the "7 Things Tag" I did a while back...and I thought it was fitting on this occasion. (I took the liberty of tweeking it a little since she's doesn't have a "significant other" nor does she have blogging friends to "tag.")

7 Things Haylee CAN do:
  • Beat you in an "All-you-can-eat" OREO contest
  • Sign Language
  • Run FAST
  • Grow long fingernails [6" as reported by Kyle] and use them on her brothers, if needed! :)
  • Laugh easily/readily
  • Become a "Bronzed Beauty" with just a little bit o' sun (I've been asked - by strangers - what nationality her father is!)
  • Eat apples dipped in ketchup



7 Things Haylee CAN'T do:
  • Throw anything away (she must be her Father's daughter!)
  • Take "NO" for an answer - without a protest.
  • Wait for the baby to wake up or to come home from school so she can see/hold Brookelle
  • Eat most foods - without a protest.
  • Resist walking in the snow [instead of on the shoveled sidewalks.]
  • Take medicine - without a protest.
  • Sleep in - or let anyone else do it, either!


7 Things Haylee thinks are awesome about her Family:
  • Daddy gives her Piggy-back rides
  • Mom makes the YUMMIEST [smacking her lips] rolls
  • Ryan makes the best "Red Noodles"
  • Kyle plays the "Horsey game" with her
  • Katelyn lets her play with her princesses
  • Brookelle smiles at her
  • She REALLY wished Miss B came with a twin boy (Haylee says Jesus told her she would), but since she didn't, she's still looking forward to that baby brother. (WISH ON, girl!)

7 Things Haylee says most often:

  • "Mom, I'm serious!"
  • "Can I have some OREOS?"
  • "I don't wanna_________[insert "go to bed," "do my homework," "clean up," etc.]
  • "Can I play with a friend?"
  • "KATELYN!!" (that's a scream)
  • "What's for dinner?" and then whatever the answer is, "Darn it!"
  • "I want Daddy..."


7 Celebrities Haylee admires:

  • "Giselle" in Enchanted
  • "Cindy" in The Brady Bunch (she must be her Mother's daughter!)
  • "Darla" in Little Rascals
  • "Gretl" in The Sound of Music
  • "Daphne" in Scooby Doo
  • "Sarah Baker" in Cheaper by the Dozen
  • "Hero Girl" in The Polar Express


7 favorite foods:

WE LOVE YOU, HAYLEE!!!

6 comments:

k8shoe said...

My almost 7 year old eats her apples dipped in guacamole. Yick. Glad that she's got the food groups all covered in her favorite foods....sounds just like my kids. :)

Nic@Nite said...

Happy Birthday Haylee! Hope you have so much fun in Disneyland. We miss you!

Kristen said...

Hey, I made it on your post! I feel so famous now! Glad she likes the 0 calorie, 0 sugar, 0 fat breakfast extravaganza. It's a crowd pleaser.

Happy Birthday, Haylee!

momandpop said...

Happy Birthday, Haylee. How many 7 year olds get to go to Disneyland on their birthday? Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We love you.

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday girl! I love how Haylee is so quick to smile. She is so sweet. Hope you guys had a good trip!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

You are such an awesome mom! If I remember on my kids birthdays, I'm gonna totally copy you and do a birthday post for them. Haylee is soo cute and sounds fun and sweet!