Thursday, April 30, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite Things (Part 3)

**Are you feeling like the commercial..."But, wait! There's more!!" (?)


Kleenex with Lotion


Especially during this lovely Allergy (sniff, sniff) time of year! I have to keep reminding Katelyn, these are NOT the ones to use for squishing (then flushing) unwanted spiders in our home!

Norman Rockwell
(The Art, not the Man!)


It's all about OUR lives!
I could look at them again & again!
Ya gotta LOVE this one...


And this one...

And how about this one?

This one just makes ya go, "Aaaaahh!"


My Mom has a couple of big Norman Rockwell "coffee table" books.
Perusing through them as a youngster started my love affair w/ Norman.
I call "dibs" on those books! I'm SO inheriting them! SORRY, bruthas & sistas! :)

LIVE Theater/Broadway Shows



Saw this one in Vegas at the Mandalay Bay BEFORE they took it away!
Dancin'-in-the-aisles good time!
Anyone have some suggestions for my NYC vacation in the Fall?


Sandals
(this is different from my flip-flops of a previous TAAFOMFT post)


Sandals allow me to slip into them QUICK, ditch the socks, and they're CUTE - what more can I ask?Should I get these?


Or how about these?
Or these?



Cleaning Wipes




I'm not partial to any particular brand - they can be Clorox, Kirkland, or "no-name," too - I don't care!
Somehow, my family can clean better with them (as opposed to a regular wash cloth & cleaning solution) and that's what I care about! :)



Little League Baseball



{And as you can tell, it's one of Kyle's favorite things, too!}

Of all the sports my family plays - THIS IS THE BEST to watch!
**Notice, I said, "Baseball" NOT "T-Ball" which I can't stand! That's too painful to watch!**
Soccer? It's alright. (I very well may be disowned by the Brenchley's for revealing that, but I cannot tell a lie!)
Basketball? I could get more excited about that when the players get good.
Football? I can't ever keep track of where the heck the ball is.
Dancing? We haven't experienced that, yet. Next year.
We seriously have 5 baseball games a week right now. Sometimes multiple games a night. And in a couple of weeks, all 3 kids have a game on the same night (on different fields) which should be FUN. But, I will enjoy watching them all!




Another treaure that tells the story of our lives!
Here's one of my favorites:





Silicone
~cooking utensils, that is! ;)


A friend gave me one of these wrapped up darling for a birthday gift once -
And I L.O.V.E. it. I'm always glad when it's clean & I can use it!
It's so forgiving when I place it on the hot stove (by mistake) unlike my Tupperware, plastic crock pot lid (X2), and cookbooks! ;D

Fuzzy Socks

You may think I'm contradicting myself with this and my sandals. These babies are for colder temps (which are teasing us w/ it's coming & going lately). I wear them IN & AROUND the house (and sometimes out & about without realizing it!)

Post-it Notes



Especially these specialty shaped ones. This star was stuffed into my Christmas stocking one year & it's just delightful!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Good stuff! I like some of those things too. :)

The Page's said...

I chose the 1st pair of sandals, they are super cute.
In NYC I recommmend WICKED - if you can't get tickets before go to the box office when it opens at 10:00 and they sometimes have a few spares it is definatley worth the money.
These shows you can usually get for half price at the "TICKET" booth on time square if they are still playing: LION KING, SPAMALOT, YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, or DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS - just be prepared all the shows are not made for Utahns, but the latter 3are milder than most. I also heard that MARY POPPINS is good, but haven't seen it yet.Hope this helps. Sorry I could do a whole post about how much I enjoy the plays on Broadway:)

Julie said...

Love all 3 pair of shoes - you should get them all! And you are so right - Baseball is the best!

Anonymous said...

Sandals are too dressy for this girl.

Norman Rockwell paintings make me crave a coke float.