Monday, April 13, 2009


Miss B is now 10 1/2 months old. Historically, by this point in time, I have been decreasing the number of nursing sessions a day - with eventual weaning being the object. NOT SO with her. I have been unable to decrease due to the fact that she threatens me by becoming a non-sleeper (nap time & nighttime). In fact, I have been going the other way, I'm afraid - I've been increasing thanks to our Spring Break travels. Being in a different crib and sleeping in the same room as us DOES NOT create a blissful, sleeping atmosphere! So, there was a whole lotta nursing going on trying to combat this.

My fear is she will never want to give it up. Of course, that was my fear with all the others, too, since they all L.O.V.E.D. it so much, but it happened! They were not as dependent on it for sleep, however.

I do have some deadlines to beat. I need to be done and have her be sleeping perfectly by our 15 year Anniversary vacation in September. If that happens, then she wouldn't have to come along on her siblings' Birthday Disneyland trips in the Fall, either. Also, is it too much to ask to maybe have this accomplished by early summer, so I can go on a Business trip with Matt? And so my summer tops will fit better? And so I can run/do Aerobics/train for the Aug. Triathlon without injuring myself? And so I can't be so easily identified by others upon just merely looking at me? ("Oh, yeah, she's definitely nursing!") And that maybe sometimes I could pull off NOT wearing a bra - without looking atrocious?...OK, that one probably IS asking too much! :)

This is where Matt's fear comes in...what is going to happen to the "sisters" when it's all OVER for good? Just how small & low can they go? :)

11 comments:

Julie said...

Typical man fear..... I swear the real invention of these "sisters" was for the entertainment of man....

Trever and Heather said...

Sigh- I miss my lactating boobage. Not the lactating part, just the boobage.

Kristen said...

I'm just hoping that my sisters will somehow rise from the dead. ;)

I tried a bizarre way of drying up the wells. It worked. I won't post it here but call me if you want to know.

Heidi said...

I understand now why women have boob jobs and I'm not opposed!
I'm sure your boys would love to hear about how they enjoyed nursing- it's pretty fun to make my brothers and Aaron crazy talking about it!

val said...

Ah, always entertaining to get on here.. I am the worst for any advice here. Gavin loved nursing so much I can't believe I'm still not nursing him... And too bad that more than just a full bra comes with this pregnancy thing.. I could actually look good in a swimming suit for once if it wasn't for this huge belly thing going on...dang.

Dan said...

Tell Matt to have no fear. There is no way that your smallest could ever be smaller than my biggest. :) He should count his blessings!

Siri said...

I never did get any "lactating boobage" ... man, I feel so jipped!!!

Here's the link to the conference talks:

http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1032,00.html

Good luck with YOUR talk!! =)

Mandy said...

Im right there with you Suzzane! It seems that just as I start slowing down he gets sick or we go on vacation or something and then we are back to the "on demand" Schedual!:) Heaven help us both!

k8shoe said...

That's a great t-shirt. Hilarious!

The Page's said...

I actually miss my lactating boobage, and I am sure Kevin does too! For once I am a full cup and they are "perky" so I can totally understand the appeal for a boob job:)

Just beware one of my sil had trouble weaning her last one because of a "demanding" baby and she ended up nursing until she was 5. Not that I think that would ever happen to you.

Suzanne said...

NO!!
Shawnette - I.WOULD.NEVER.DO.IT! (Until age 5!)
Somewhere between age 1 & 2 is THE LIMIT for me!