Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Funnies OR Things I've Heard on the Job #9

"Funnies"  - Did anyone else used to call the comics in the Sunday newspaper, "the funnies"?
We did in my family.
Since that's what I'm going to share with you today, AND it is a Friday, I'm calling this post, "Friday Funnies" -- and it might become a regular feature???  Who knows?
My material also comes from a customer while I was "On the phones at JetBlue."
The call was coming to a natural end and I was about to bid him farewell.....
Customer:  "WAIT!  Can I ask you one more thing?"
Based on past experience, my immediate thought was, Oh no, it's one of those guys!
(Like the foot fetish guy who asks if I'm wearing any shoes.  Like the hand fetish guy who asks how big my hands are.  Like the Perv who asks what kind of lingerie I wear.  Like the whatever psycho who asks a variety of freaky &/or inappropriate questions.)
Me:  (guarded)  "OK."
Customer:  "Where does a one-legged woman work?"
(After that question, I STILL thought he was going to turn it into something sick & wrong.  Should I disconnect the call?)
Me: (still guarded)  "Where?"
Customer:  "IHOP"
Hahahaha.  Oh, whew!  What a pleasant surprise!  It was a REAL joke!  :)
Customer:  "I've got one more for you."
Me:  (guard down this time)  "OK."
Customer:  "What did one eye say to the other eye?
Me:  "What?"
Customer:  "Don't look now, but there's something between us that smells."
Bwah ha haha.  Instead of a dirty, old man....he turned out to be a clever, delightful man!  :)
Happy Friday!  (And Valentine's Day!)

**************

Other "Things I've Heard on the Job" here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here.

No comments: